Southwestern Mac and “Cheese”
Southwestern Mac and "Cheese"
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups corn
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 batch No-Cheese Sauce
- 1 15oz can black beans
- ½ lb. whole-grain elbow macaroni
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the onion and red pepper in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add the corn, jalapeño pepper, cumin, and chile powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt.
- Stir in the No-Cheese Sauce, beans, and cooked macaroni.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9 × 13-inch baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Ready to get started?Book an appointment